10. Take a trip to the neighborhood cities.
On the shores of Lake Geneva there are several cities of the Swiss Riviera. One of them is the small town of Montreux. Every summer jazz festivals are held here - musicians, artists from around the world come to perform in Montreux.
Famous artists, writers, composers have been living in Montruex. Vladimir Nabokov, Oscar Kokoshka, Pyotr Tchaikovsky and others. On the shore of the city there is a small island with another symbol of Switzerland - Chillon Castle. Where to eat in Geneva:
What to bring from Geneva:
- Cafe du Soleil - This old cafe in the UN quarter serves the best fondue. The cost of the dish is 24 francs. Cafe address: 6 Place du Petit-Saconnex, +412 2733 3417,http://www.cafedusoleil.ch/site/fr/
- Cafe de Paris - a legendary cafe: it has been there since they came up with the famous entrecote sauce. The cost of the dish is 42.5 francs. Address: Rue du Mont-Blanc 26 +4122 732 84 50 http://geneve.chezboubier.com/en/
- Relais de L'Entrecôte - in this restaurant there are always queues, and all because of the secret recipe of cooked meat, which is incredibly tasty here. Entrecote, as in the previous place, is served with french fries and salad. It costs 45 francs. Address: 6 Rue Pierre Fatio, +412 2310 6004, http://relaisennr.cluster011.ovh.net/?page_id=392
- Viande des Grisons (or "Bündnerfleisch") is the country's national culinary pride. The meat is pre-spread with salt and spices from alpine herbs, and then dried in several stages, preserving all the beneficial substances. Meat can be bought in sliced or whole pieces. A kilogram costs 50 francs.
- Swiss cheese or fondue set (can be found in any supermarket in the dairy department). Among Swiss cheeses, they are popular: fribourgeois, gruyère, emmental etc. You can buy cheese both in a supermarket (the most low-cost COOP and Migros), and in the market.
- Chocolate. To appreciate all the palette of chocolate, it is better to buy handmade products. The most delicious chocolate is sold at Du Rhône Chocolatier, and for the best truffles you should go to the Confiserie Ducret.